Tuesday, 30 June 2009
Monday, 29 June 2009
I would like you to click on the link below and read Miss Fiona's post in her blog about the stories you wrote collaboratively with South Africa and Canada. This is only one of the stories posted as an example.
I found some good exerises for you to do some exta practise on the verbs. Hope they are useful!
Friday, 26 June 2009
Next week you will start writing about your own personal hero. This esssay will then be submitted to http://myhero.com/. Keep on thinking or finding information, anecdotes or any other relevant information on your personal hero at home.
Thursday, 25 June 2009
Tuesday, 23 June 2009
I would like to thank Sofia B from 6C who has shared this useful site for you to practise tenses for your test! Click on the exercises 1 to 6 and exercise 11! Hope you find them useful! All the best!
Monday, 22 June 2009
I want to share with you two of the stories you wrote collaborativel with students from South Africa.
Sunday, 21 June 2009
Saturday, 20 June 2009
Thursday, 18 June 2009
How do you feel about it?
Did you reach your goals?
What techniques will you use in the future to improve, if you think you have to do so?
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Tuesday, 16 June 2009
Saturday, 13 June 2009
I'll be back on Tuesday, June 16th! Enjoy and rest! Miss Ale
Friday, 12 June 2009
This is a game from the BBC where you have to follow a series of instructions to get around a town. Some of the directions that are given are a little tricky. You can play against a timer or not. You need to choose a character. If I were you, I would read the instructions of "How to play", first. Hope you enjoy it!
Thursday, 11 June 2009
Wednesday, 10 June 2009
I challenge you to play this spelling game! It’s from the BBC. You are shown two words and have to identify which one is spelled incorrectly and you play against a timer. It's hard but you can do it!
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
You are now working on finishing the stories from students from South Africa that Miss Fiona has kindly sent us.
- What do you feel about this new experience?
- Have you ever thought that you were going to complete other children's stories using technology?
Monday, 8 June 2009
"Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus." -
What does this quotation mean?
How can you apply it to home schooling?
Image from flick
Saturday, 6 June 2009
Leave a comment saying why you have voted for any of the two options.
Friday, 5 June 2009
Thursday, 4 June 2009
- Organise your time. You don`t need to do them all today!
- Read all the instructions carefully. Some work will have to be handed in when we go back to school. Some other activities will have to be done in the wiki.
- If you don't understand something, remember to read the instructions for a second time. Then send me an email.
- The test on tenses will be re scheduled when we go back to school. Don't worry!
- You don't need your folders to do these activities. No excuses saying that you didn't do your work because you did not have your folders!!!
- I will be sending you some more activiites around next Tuesday or Wednesday!
Wednesday, 3 June 2009
Tuesday, 2 June 2009
Go over the exercises we did in class.
Click on the links and have fun practising further more!
Enjoy them and good luck!
Monday, 1 June 2009
If you need to log in you can use your google account (the one you use for Google docs)
This week we started working on the new collaborative project on heroes using google docs.
Here are some tips:
- Remember to follow the steps for a successful paraphrasing.
- Apply the “double check rule.” Return to the original material to confirm you used your own words.
- It is extremely important for you to do lots of research, that means, READ, READ and READ all the necessary sources so that you find interesting information about your hero.
- Once you believe it is finished: pass SPELL CHECK,
- Re read the whole biography to see that there are no repetitions.
- Please avoid erasing other peer's contribution. Leave a polite comment.
- Remember to write short sentences and include full stops and capital letters after them.
- Remember to leave your personal opinion at the end of the biography.
You are doing fine. Keep on working hard and enjoy it!